Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chuck


I just finished watching the complete season of Chuck, compliments of Jay who gave me a copy.

Reviews for this TV show have been mixed. Most forums that I've visited either really liked it or found it too formulaic.

When I saw the pilot episode on AXN, I thought it was just ok. Nothing jumped out as interesting. It was funny, yeah, i'll give it that. Thanks to great editing, the fight scenes were action packed, albeit lacked a little energy on the part of the actors. The plot was kinda generic, a computer nerd that involuntarily got involved in government spy activities and found himself falling in love with his protector, a blonde CIA spy while dodging bullets and saving the world from terrorists. Good thing, the plot thickens as we move towards the last few episodes of the season.

What kept me watching? The comedy. It was really funny and the characters grew on me. I especially loved the brother-sister bond that Chuck had with his sister, Ellie. It was a family type of relationship that we rarely see in TV shows lately. Much of this season focused on character development, showing us how Chuck manages to stay alive, keep his secret spy life from his sister while battling his emotions for Sarah.

In the end, I can say that I love this show. Zach Levi is so charming in a dorky kind of way and I can't wait to see what happens to Chuck in Season 2.



0 comments: