Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fabulous Costumes

Every year since 2003, the Mapayapa Village I choir holds the annual Christmas Costume Party. We needed an excuse to get glammed up and fancy since we weren't doing any christmas carols, weddings or other performances that year.

The first theme we had was "Oscar Night". Gowns and Formal suits were required, thus the beginning of the Familia Zaragoza pictorials. (I'll post the pics when I find some)

The following year, we went for Retro 80's theme. Ate Jinky, Mommy Tek and Kuya Raffy were the subject matter experts, with matching jewelry, posters of Menudo and authentic shoulder pads!


We went all out the following year with United Nations Christmas! People had to dress up in iconic/national costumes, create flags and prepare food from their countries. I was Miss KiKinang Thailand (all glittered up and shiny!) and won First Place!

We chose Movie Icons as theme for the following year. I remember only having 2 hours to prepare for this party. Inspired by one of my favorite nerdie TV shows, and the fact that I went crazy with my eyebrow shaver, I went as Spock. I won 3rd place! Live Long and Prosper!

Last Christmas, we chose Cartoons of the Past Theme. We garbed ourselves as Cartoon characters that are not shown on TV anymore. Obviously, since I couldn't get squeeze myself into a Cheetarah costume, I settled for Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Won 2nd place! Hah!
You can check our choir's multiply website for more pictures (http://mv1choir.multiply.com/).

Can't wait for this year's Christmas Party! Actually, we don't have any themes in mind yet. But if anyone out there has any suggestions, you're welcome to comment on this blog.


"Aren't we fabulous!"
-- Mitzi, Priscilla: Queen of the Dessert

3 comments:

- ME - said...

ay coachie! so LOVE your costumes!!!... especially the marshmallow man... hehehe

Marie Marcelo said...

I look more like a Romulan than a Vulcan really. Hey Angie, thanks for the comments! And if you need a costume in the future, you're welcome to borrow Marshmallow Man anytime!

Anonymous said...

gling gling nman!