Monday, August 25, 2008

A Day With the Fishes

Had a wonderful day with the coaches, QS and trainers yesterday at the Manila Ocean Park. We were the first to arrive, good thing coz we had the best parking space! While waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive, I spent a good hour taking pictures of everyone by the welcome sign.

Bad trip lang, my camera ran out of battery juice so soon. We haven't even started the tour yet! I found out later that the battery compartment was just loose, thank goodness... so I ventured on.



Although, may mga Injans na hindi nakasama, I'm glad madami ring nakarating.

So finally we were complete. It was a good thing it was a cloudy morning, kaya we were all cool outside waiting by the steps. For the record, sila Lyn and Madz and last dumating at around 9:40 am!


So inside sobrang sabik sa camera mga tao! Even though the sign says No Flash Fotos, some people still had theirs on... including me. In fairness, my camera's flash turns on automatically, not my fault!

Here Coaches Ervin and Ron measure up against my 8-year old nephew Kyle, trying desperately to get a discount. Yeah, keep dreaming!
The underwater tunnel was great, I would say better than the one in Sentosa. Although not as long, it was brightly lit, there were more animals in the tank and they were more hyperactive. The rays were definetely putting on a show for us!

It's only 10:45am but we were all famished by the time we finished the tour. Actually, mas napagod ako chasing after the fish with my lens rather than walking inside the vast aquarium. E lecheng mga isda, ayaw tumigil for a pose!

We had buffet lunch at Tamayo's Ozeana Restaurant on the 2nd floor. Hard to miss, the exit pathway goes through the resto, teasing passersby with its beautifully laid buffet and flowing chocolate fountain. We stuffed ourselves with fresh salmon sashimi, sushi, siomai, roasted chicken and halo-halo.


Bakit tuwing lalapit ako sa buffet, nakatingin sila Ervin? Are they counting my trips to the buffet? Excuse me, I'm just getting a spoon! The nerve! Wahehe!

After dessert, we burped and belched and held in our stomachs while we were serenaded by 3 guitarists, to the tune of Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". Walang may birthday, so we just dedicated the song to Coach Anne, who paid! Wuv you coachie! Chenks for the food!

Needless to say, we had a great time watching the fish, taking pictures of the fish, and of course, EATING the FISH!



*more pictures available here.

*coach sheryl also posted pictures from her camera on her multiply account, see here.

0 comments: