Thursday, August 21, 2008

No reset buttons

Haay! I finally fixed my blog. I stayed up till 2am this morning trying to fix it. The fact that our wireless connection at home keeps dropping was no help either. Talagang when it rains, it pours!

It all started yesterday when I was trying to customize my blog. I was experimenting with a few online blogger templates. Shonga ko kasi, I tried copy-pasting their html scripts directly onto my layout, without backing up my existing template. Di pala pwede yung copy-paste pag templates! Wahehe! Jules was egging me on and ayun! the Layout tab went missing, there were "undefined" texts on every corner, and the fonts were all big and ugly. I lost all my widgets and I couldn't upload my TSUNAMI image.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any reset buttons on this thing. What I did to fix it was to create an entirely new blog site and saved a copy of the original template. Then I uploaded that to my old blog site. Et voila! C'est tres magnifique! After a few minor adjustments (and numerous cries for help from Coach Shei), the blog list is complete and everything is back to normal.

Mind you, this will definitely not stop me from zhushing up my site in the future! Now that I know how to backup and restore my templates, expect to see more experiments in the future. Though, I won't be listening to Jules anytime soon.

0 comments: