Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oktoberfest Tragedy


I was cursing the Oktoberfest party last Friday night for causing such heavy traffic in the area. From the office window, we could see the erected tents along the corner of Julia Vargas and San Miguel ave which pretty much blocked all incoming traffic into the area.


I heard that many people were either late for work that night (call centers operate at night) or didn't come to work at all (maybe that's them under the tents).

My usual 40 min trip home extended to 1 hour 20mins. Grrr!

Today my mom told me that there was an incident during the Oktoberfest event. There was 1 dead and 20 others electrocuted after dismantling the tents after the Oktoberfest Party in Ortigas.

Read full story here.

I realize now that the cursing might have been too harsh...


0 comments: