Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog Tag Mania

Blog-tag has been started by Jeff Pulver as a game for a Virtual Cocktail Party. The purpose of the game is for your blog readers to know you better. Jeff Pulver's version only shares 5 things about himself that few of his friends know. Since the blog-tag has really gone a long way, the list of things that you can share with your blog readers have also been increased. If you think your blog readers need to know more than 5 things about you then you can always choose to have a higher number. Same rules still applies.

Here how it goes:

Share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. Then at the end, tag 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going.

~ Each blogger must post these rules first.
~ Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
~ Bloggers who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
~ At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
~ Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog

1. I hate frogs.

I'm a classic batrachophobic, which means "someone with an illogical fear of amphibians". I'm afraid of frogs and I hate frogs. I don't see the reason why God created these ugly creatures. I can't even look at pictures or drawings of frogs. I hate Kerokeropi.

One time, while I was watching TV alone in my Mom's room, a frog jumped in and scared the hell out of me. I've never gone in my Mom's room ever since. I always call her to go out of her room if I need to talk to her.

2. I'm a Trekkie!

The geek gene in me is very strong. I love Star Trek, especially the Next Generation Series. I've always had a crush on Data and Spock. I have books, pins, posters, catalogues, memorabilia and recorded TV shows. Back in high school, my friend Leisel and I used to talk in Klingon language. Hehe!

3. Sunrise, sunset.

I love the sun. I worship it sometimes.
I know most people like Sunsets. But I like Sunrises more. The colors maybe less dramatic but Sunrises have special meanings for me. New beginnings, starting over, freshness and cleanliness, and most specially Hope.

4. Book smeller, Slow reader.

I love books, the physical things. I don't like reading online texts. I would rather that I smell the pages, feel the rough or smooth paper, touch the embossed letters of the cover, and look at the fine artistry involved in binding or printing the cover art.

I always buy books but about 40% of them I haven't finished reading. I'm such a slow reader! It takes me 3 weeks to finish a book in my regular pace. I want to consume it and enjoy it longer.

5. Dream Job

Most people would say that they have not done their dream jobs. I have. I'm not doing it now, but I got to experience it already.

My dream job was to be an Eco-tour coordinator for Lagen Island resort in El Nido, Palawan back when I was 23 years old. I got to dive, swim, travel, talk to foreign and local tourists, row kayaks around islands and lagoons, sail a yaught, live in a luxury resort and GET PAID for doing it!

I would love to do it again, but the fact that I got the chance to experience it in my lifetime is enough for me. I'm contented with that.

6. Archeologist, Egyptologist, Paleontologist.

Like I said, the geek gene is strong in me. These are professions that I wanted to have when I was a kid. I've always been interested in mummies, ancient civilizations, fossils, evolution and dinosaurs. I am a product of being exposed at an early age to the Discovery Channel. Indiana Jones was HOT!

7. Pet peeves and toothpastes.

My biggest pet peeve is having toothpaste tubes not properly rolled out or pinched at the middle.

I didn't realize it until my best friends told me about it. One time my friend Jay used the toothpaste in the bathroom and pinched the tube in the middle. I was so irritated. I scolded her about it and showed her how to pinch it from the end so that we don't waste it. Then I realized that I do that for all the bathrooms in the house.

8. Farty Libraries

This is a secret only a few people know about me. But I'm willing to share it to the world.

I fart in libraries... and in places where there are high shelves close to my body. I don't know why, or how it happens. Whenever I go to a bookstore or grocery where there are shelves as tall or taller than me, I always have the urge to fart. Maybe something in my childhood triggered it. I don't know.

Dear friends, when I say I'll buy books or go grocery shopping, I'll understand if you don't wanna join me from now on.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll join u kotz. i wanna hear it myself (i'm not gonna smell it though. HAHAHA)!

mwuah!!!

Marie Marcelo said...

Wahehehe!

you're a true friend kotz shei! kaso when I fart, it's not noisy. I'll make it noisy for you so you have time to run! hehehe!