Friday, October 3, 2008

thoughts while waiting


Today, I had to go to the PAL office in Cubao again, for the third time in 2 weeks.

Does anybody know how big of a hassle it is to go to AliMall? I can't park in their parking space coz the height clearance is only 4 feet tall. I can just imagine the roof of the van scraping the low ceilings of the spiral driveway.

When I do find a parking space across the mall, I had to run in heavy downpour to the PAL office coz for some raindance miracle, it's always raining when I go there.

Finally I'm in the PAL office, I get a number from the guard and I had to wait for the queue machine to flash my number. This time I got 82. Great! The last time I was here I got number 515. I waited 3 hours to be served last time. Maybe this time it would be faster.


Looking at the machine, the number was just at 27. But it stayed at 27 for 30mins. And since it was already 11:30 am, one of the agents took her bag, waved her long hair and punched out for lunch. They have six stations, but only 2 were open. This is going to be a looooonngg wait!

It got me thinking, what does PAL stand for anyway?

  • Plane Always Late
  • Please Avoid Loitering
  • Pila Always Long
  • Potah, Ang Layo ko pa

I was finally served at 1:20pm. My drool has dried and my butt has numbed. In fairness the agents were courtoues and helpful. But all the hassle and waiting has traumatized me to the point that whenever I pass through Cubao, I start to shudder. Then my thoughts would wander to the small Mall that started it all.

0 comments: