Saturday, October 25, 2008

lapnos


After a sleepless, hectic and grueling week, I'm finally able to sit down and update my blog. SHAKS! I miss blogging. I miss my ka-bloggers. I miss sharing my mundane thoughts to the world. I miss the freedom to express my feelings, thoughts and creativity.

When everything is a whirl and frantic mess, God finds a way to get your attention and teach you a lesson. In my case, it was in the form of a LAPNOS. Yup! I have 3rd degree burns on my left leg. It literally forced me to 'sit down' and 'stay put'. So now, I have no choice but to relax, heal and on the upside, get back to blogging. Galing talaga!

It was either an act of God or katangahan ko na naman. I went grocery shopping last night with Tek, Kujo and Mommy in Hi-top. After shopping, they went ahead in the parking lot and passed by through the side entrance near Henny Penny. Since naiwan ako, I decided to go through the front. It was really crowded kasi daming cars passing by and motorcycles parked in front.

I miscalculated, forgot my body's dimensions, and tried to squeeze in between two motorcycles... feeling payat kasi. So walking sideways, my leg accidentally touched the searing hot engine of one of the motorcycles. Then I felt a sharp burning pain down one leg...when I bent over to take a look, a large patch of skin was dangling from the hot pink flesh. Grabe! It was sooo painful!!!!


I had to put a cold cream on it to prevent the flesh from dehydrating and getting infected. Right now I'm nursing it with petroleum jelly. This is a first for me. I've never had a major burn wound in my life. Not fun at all. Muntik na maging crispy pata yung paa ko.

As the old adage goes, 'every cloud has a silver lining', and I totally agree. This injury was a gift, really. I have time to heal and rest, time to update my blog, time to chat with my friends... and I get to have breakfast in bed! Hehehe!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes, parang ang sakeeet!!! Kawawa ka naman. Next time, as kyle always says, "be careful, Tita!"

Tek

Anonymous said...

coachiee noh ka ba? hindi ka nag iingat! feeling sexy talagah ever!